I need somewhere to stay
If you’re struggling for accommodation, the following services and bursaries may be able to help.
Accommodation options & support
- PARSA offer an emergency accommodation bursary, which will cover a student for up to 7 days of accommodation at Canberra’s youth hostel (YHA) or equivalent.
- The ANU Postgrad and Research Students Association (PARSA) offer emergency bursaries for students struggling financially.
- PARSA also has guides on finding accommodation in Canberra and provide an accommodation finder
- The ANU also offer a Postgraduate Student Accommodation Grant for students experiencing financial hardship. These grants can be awarded for up to 24 weeks (6 months)
We understand that finding a suitable place to live can be a source of stress for many students. Living on campus offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the ANU experience. Being in on-campus residences allows you to meet and quickly make friends with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and embrace a holistic experience, one that supports your academic journey as well as your growth and independence.
If you are interested in living on campus, please find more information about how to apply for on-campus accommodation on the Accommodation website. Or contact the ANU Residential Experience team directly. The team can be contacted by emailing email@example.com anytime or by phoning +61 2 6125 1100 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDT).
Additionally, if you're looking for shared accommodation, there are a few popular facebook groups where listings for new housing options are posted as well as potential team-ups with others looking to find accommodation. These are:
- Canberra share housing and rooms for rent
- Canberra renters
- Canberra housing co-op group
Please contact your year coordinator to discuss more options.
Have you found our support information helpful? Let us know how we can improve.