The Medical School welcomes applications from medical specialist individuals who would like to continue to contribute to our research and education activities and renew their existing honorary academic title with the University. Honorary academic title is for a fixed-term period and the renewal application must be submitted at least three to six months before the previous term ends.
Steps to complete a title renewal application
You will need to:
- The application form to download can be found here (DOC 788KB).
- Provide two written references as outlined in the application form.
- Provide an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae. Please use the CV template (DOC 110KB) or use this as a guide to what to include in your CV.
- Ensure you include a description of your teaching and research activities, especially as they relate to ANU and SMP.
- Evidence and a statement of your teaching, research and university service activities in the previous period.
- Submit your Application Form via the submission link.
cademic title renewal is for a fixed-term period or until the applicant's work-related association with the ACT or South East region of NSW or Sydney Adventist Hospital campus ends.
Once received, the renewal application will be considered by the School of Medicine and Psychology Appointment, Renewal and Clinical Promotion Committee at its next meeting and you will be advised in writing of the outcome within four weeks following this meeting.
Please note that this is not a promotion process:
- Promotion applications for full academic title are through a separate annual University promotions round, see the ANU Academic Promotion webpage.
Academic faculty holding honorary clinical title may apply at the same level or a higher level at the time of renewal if they and their academic supervisor consider their case to be strong. Please refer to the Honorary Academic Title Performance and Promotion Indicators.
Outlining teaching and research activities
Be as specific as you can when outlining previous teaching and research activities.
For teaching contributions, provide details on the number of lectures/workshops you have given, information on university committee membership, involvement in curriculum or course development, review, etc.
For research contributions, provide details of funding received, presentations at conferences, invitations to conferences and other institutions, membership of committees, assessing funding applications, etc.
For details please see the Honorary Academic Title Performance and Promotion Indicators which set out the expectations required of honorary academic staff members at each level of appointment in the ANU School of Medicine and Psychology.
Statement regarding achievements relative to opportunity
The ANU is an equal opportunity employer. It may be relevant to also prepare a statement regarding your achievements relative to opportunity.
This statement is very important if your academic contributions have been affected by caring responsibilities, chronic illness, disability, prolonged leave, fractional full time equivalent work or significant clinical/managerial loads in your roles, etc.
You should also list your type of appointment, describe how many hours you work, and how much of that is designated for academic work (teaching or research).