The Rotary Club of Batemans Bay is offering a Scholarship to the Australian National University for medical students attending the Rural Clinical School in Batemans Bay in 2022.
The aim of the Scholarship is to provide incentives for medical students to complete at least one year in a rural area. This will encourage and influence the medical students to consider pursuing a medical career in rural Australia upon graduation or following postgraduate medical studies. This Scholarship would have the benefit of enjoying the fellowship of Rotarians and also expose the candidate to aspects of rural community life.
The Scholarship will be to the value of $3,000 and will be administered by the Rotary Club of Batemans Bay and the Rural Clinical School (RCS).
- Scholarships will only be open to Australian citizens attending or enrolled to attend a RCS.
- To be eligible the candidate must demonstrate ‘a need’ and must attend the RCS for the entire year. Failure to do so will have the student forfeit further payments.
- Applicants are asked to submit a brief 500-word statement outlining their previous experience of living in a regional, rural or remote area and/or how the scholarship would benefit their studies during the rural stream year.
- Candidates who hold other Scholarships are not able to apply for this Scholarship, but the Scholarship is paid as an addition to Austudy allowance.
- Payment of the scholarship will be made to the student with proof of enrolment in the course. $1500 will be paid at the beginning of Semester 1 and $1500 at the beginning of Semester 2.
- The Scholarship recipient would be expected to participate in, and be a guest of the Rotary Club of Batemans Bay.
- The Scholarship recipient would be expected to attend meetings of the Rotary Club when requested. The Scholarship recipient is to address the Rotary Club as well as giving a presentation that provides the members with the recipient’s background and an update on the progress of their course. The awardee may wish to participate in other Rotary events.
- The Scholarship recipient is to provide at least 2 reports (half way through the course and a final report – report to include photos)
Interviews will be conducted by the Australian National University and two representatives of the Rotary Club of Batemans Bay.
- Applications close on Sunday 27th February 2022
Please attach your 500-word statement to the application. Applications should be submitted by email to Christina Vett firstname.lastname@example.org, ANU Rural Clinical School, 54 Mills Road, Acton, ACT 2601. For further information, contact Christina on 6125 1307.
Available to year three rural stream students taking placements in the Southeast NSW region of Eurobodalla.