The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established to manage and distribute funds to benefit communities within or surrounding the former Mulwaree Shire Council area in Southern NSW. The Trust’s funding is provided by Veolia Australia and New Zealand which operates the Woodlawn Eco-Precinct near Tarago in Southern NSW. The Trust is offering one scholarship to a rural stream student undertaking a clinical placement in the Goulburn Mulwaree region in 2022. The aim of the scholarship, valued at $3,000, is to assist the student with living expenses during the rural stream year.
- The scholarship is open to rural stream students undertaking their placement in the Goulburn Mulwaree Council and surrounding areas.
- The successful recipient must attend the RCS for the entire year. If the recipient withdraws from the rural stream program during the relevant period, the RCS will determine whether any or all of the scholarship money should be repaid.
- Students who hold other scholarships which provide financial support for living and other expenses during their medical studies (such as RAMUS and MRBS), are not eligible to apply for this award. Bonded place students without scholarships are able to apply.
- The Scholarship recipient will be required to submit a written report to the Veolia Mulwaree Trust Board by 30 September 2022. The report should include details of the recipient’s background and how the scholarship has been used to benefit the student during their rural stream year. The report can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications close on 28 February 2022.
- Applicants are asked to submit a 500 word statement describing their financial circumstances and how the scholarship will help them enhance their rural attachment.
- If necessary, interviews will be conducted by the ANU Rural Clinical School.
- Please attach your 500-word statement to the application. You can receive the application by contacting Christina Vett.
- Applications should be submitted by email to Christina Vett email@example.com, ANU Rural Clinical School, 54 Mills Road, Acton, ACT 2601.
- For further information, contact Christina on 6125 1307 or 0428 958 355.
Available to year three rural stream students undertaking clinical placements in the Southeast NSW region of Goulburn Mulwaree.