If you’re struggling for accommodation, the following services and bursaries may be able to help.
- PARSA offer an emergency accommodation bursary, which will cover a student for up to 7 days of accommodation at Canberra’s youth hostel (YHA) or equivalent.
- The ANU Postgrad and Research Students Association (PARSA) offer emergency bursaries for students struggling financially.
- PARSA also has guides on finding accommodation in Canberra and an accommodation finder
- The ANU also offer a Postgraduate Student Accommodation Grant for students experiencing financial hardship. These grants can be awarded for up to 24 weeks (6 months)
- Alternative accommodation options:
- Canberra student co-op
- Mackillop house women’s accommodation
Additionally, if looking for shared accommodation, there are a few popular facebook groups where listings for new housing options are posted as well as potential team-ups with others looking to find accommodation. These are:
- Canberra share housing and rooms for rent
- Canberra renters
- Canberra housing co-op group
Please contact your year coordinator to discuss more options