Medical school can bring with it many financial challenges.
If you are in need of money to get by, there are some options available to you:
- The ANU Postgrad and Research Students Association (PARSA) offer emergency bursaries for students struggling financially.
The bursary will cover a maximum of $500 per calendar year and hence is intended for short term, emergency situations.
More information can be found at:
Students are welcome to apply if they are:
- Unable to meet costs of living
- Experiencing an emergency medical crisis or ongoing treatment
- Unable to afford rent, food or utility costs
- Required to travel for emergency purposes e.g. natural disaster, funeral
- Financially compromised
- Experiencing difficulty with childcare costs
- The ANU also offers a number of scholarships based on financial hardship that can be found here:
Please contact your year coordinator to discuss more options.