Lori is a critical care nurse with clinical expertise in intensive care nursing. She has a clinical and research interest in the implementation of advanced technology to support clinical care. Her current doctorial research involves the monitoring of sleep in intensive care and its impact on patient recovery.
- Munday, J., Higgins, N., Mathew, S., Dalgleish, L., Batterbury, A., Burgess, L., Campbell, L., Delaney , L., et al., Nurse-led randomized controlled trials in the perioperative setting: a scoping review. Journal of Multidsciplinary Healthcare. 13. 647-660.
- Goswami, S., Van Haren F., Byrne, L., Delaney, L., et al., Non-invasive cardiac output monitoring in hypotensive patients during medical emergency calls A pilot study. College of Intensive Care Medicine (accepted)
- Ranse, K., Delaney, L., Ranse, J., Coyer, F., & Yates, P. (2020). End-of-life care content in postgraduate critical care nursing programs: Structured telephone interviews to evaluate content-informing practice. Australian Critical Care, 33(2), 181-186.
- Yeager, S., Papathanassoglou, E., Brooks, L., Delaney, L., Livesay, S., Lopez, V., ... & Vollman, K. (2019). Rights of the Critically Ill Patient: Position Statement of the World Federation of Critical Care Nurses. Connect: The World of Critical Care Nursing, 13(2), 58-70.
- Frost, J., Delaney, L., & Fitzgerald, R. (2019). Exploring the application of mixed reality in Nurse education. BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Delaney L., Litton E., Van Haren F. (2019) The effectiveness of noise interventions in the ICU. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology.
- Delaney L.J., Van Haren, F., Lopez, V et al (2018) They can sleep at home: Patients experience of sleep in an Australian Hospital setting. BMC Health Services Research . 18(1), 524
- Frost, J. & Delaney, L. (2018) Nursing students’ experience in performing intimate clinical procedures via high fidelity Mask-Ed simulation. BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning. Bmjstel-2017-000293
- Delaney L.J., Bellomo, R. & Van Haren F. (2018) Responsiveness of Noninvasive Continuous Cardiac Output Monitoring during the Valsalva manoeuvre. Clinical Nursing Research.1054773818762878.
- Delaney L.J., Currie, M., Huang, H.C.C, Litton, E., Wibrow, B. Lopez, V. (2018) Investigating the application of motion accelerometers as a asleep monitoring technique and the clinical burden of the intensive care environment on sleep quality: study protocol. BMJ Open. 18(1), e019704.
- Delaney, L.J. (2017) When two worlds collide: Patient centred care in a nocturnal healthcare environment. Quality in Primary Health Care. 1(1)2-3
- Delaney, .L.J., Currie, M.J., Huang, H-C.C., Lopez, V., Litton, E. & Van Haren F. (2017) The nocturnal acoustical intensity of the intensive care environment: an observational study. Journal of Intensive Care. 5:4
- Delaney, L. J. (2017). Patient-centred care as an approach to improving health care in Australia. Collegian.
- Delaney, L.J. (2016). The role of sleep in patient recovery. Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal.23(7). 26.
- Delaney L.J. (2016) Peer-reviewed based assessment in post graduate education. Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 24(3). 37
- Delaney, L.J. & Sainsbury, K. (2016) Clinical engagement model: Providing the supports between students and the clinical environment. Australian Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 24(4). 32
- Delaney L. (2015) Learning for Professional Practice (Custom edition) Elsevier. Sydney. ISBN 978-0-7295-5466-4
- Delaney L.J., Van Haren F. & Lopez V. (2015) Sleeping on a problem: The impact of sleep disturbance on intensive care patients - a clinical review. Annals of Intensive care. 5(3).
- Delaney, L.J.(2015) Challenges of an integrated governance process in healthcare. Clinical Governance: An international Journal.
- Delaney, L.J., van Haren, F., Currie, M., Huang, H.C.C. & Lopez, V. (2015). Sleep monitoring techniques within Intensive Care. International Journal of Nursing and Clinical Practice. 2:114. Doi: dx.doi.org/10.15344/2394-4978/2015/114
- Delaney L.J, Van Haren F., Currie, M., Huang, H-C. & Lopez, V. (2015) Sleep monitoring techniques within Intensive Care. International Journal of Nursing and Clinical Practice. 2:114
- Delaney, L.J.(2014). Behavioral modification of healthcare professionals in an adult critical care unit to reduce nocturnal noise: An evidence-based implementation project. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports. 12(7)
- Delaney, L.J., Lopez, V., Currie, M. et al (2014) Canberra Hospital Sleep Study Report. Canberra Hospital. Canberra.
- Delaney L. (2014) Behavioural modification program to reduce nocturnal noise levels. JBI Systematic review and implementation reports. 12(7)
Lori is involved in the education of undergraduate nurses within the Bachelor of Nursing at Queensland University of Technology. Her teaching role is inclusive of acute care nursing and developing the clinical skills of undergraduate nurses.