Dr Kathleen O'Brien
Kathleen is a general practitioner and lecturer with the ANU Medical School's Academic Unit of General Practice. Prior to commencing medical school, Kathleen worked as a statistician and data analyst. Her interest in academia was sparked by a desire to bring together her statistical experience with her work as a general practitioner, as well as enthusiasm for the importance of primary health care research.
- General Practice / Primary Health Care
- Social determinants of health
- Children's health
- Preventive health
- O'Brien, K, Agostino, J, Ciszek, K et al. 2022, 'Parents' perceptions of their child's weight among children in their first year of primary school: a mixed-methods analysis of an Australian cross-sectional (complete enumeration) study', International Journal of Obesity, vol. 46, pp. 992-1001.
- O'Brien, K, Barnes, K, Hall, S et al. 2022, 'COVID-19 vaccinations and counselling: A mixed-methods survey of Australian general practice in July 2021', Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 399-407.
- Sturgiss , E, O'Brien, K, Elmitt, N et al. 2021, 'Obesity management in primary care: systematic review exploring the influence of therapeutic alliance', Family Practice, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 644-653.
- Douglas, K, Hall, S, O'Brien, K et al. 2021, 'Quick COVID Clinician Survey Summary (Australia), series 1-4', Annals of Family Medicine.
- Douglas, K, O'Brien, K, Hall, S et al. 2021, 'Quick COVID Clinician Survey Summary (Australia), series 9-13', Annals of Family Medicine, vol. COVID-19 Collection.
- Douglas, K, O'Brien, K, Hall, S et al. 2021, 'Quick COVID Clinician Survey Summary (Australia), series 5-8', Annals of Family Medicine, vol. COVID-19 Collection.
- O'Brien, K, Agostino, J, Ciszek, K et al 2020, 'Physical activity and risk of behavioural and mental health disorders in kindergarten children: analysis of a series of cross-sectional complete enumeration (census) surveys', BMJ Open, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1-9.
- O'Brien, K 2020, 'Australian hospitalisations for Kawasaki disease, 1993 1994 to 2017 2018', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 1126-1133.
ANU Medical school, Phase 2 (ICCH): general practice teaching and academic supervision.