Katrina completed her undergraduate medical degree at the University of Newcastle, NSW in 1990. She became a Fellow of the RACGP in 1995 and has been a medical educator since 1994 initially with the RACGP then with the Australian National University Medical School and Coast City Country GP Training.
Katrina currently works clinically in refugee and asylum seeker health and has a variety of roles within the Australian National University Medical School and ACT Health. Her main research and education interests are in medical education specifically around vertical integration, supervisor support and prevocational training. She has a special interest in mental health and counselling and is passionate about patient centred medicine and improving health outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged patients.
- Sturgiss E, Haesler E, Anderson K. General practice trainees face practice ownership with fear. Australian Health Review Jan 2016 AH15153
- Anderson K, Haesler E, Stubbs A, Mollinari K. Evaluating general practice teaching rotations. Clinical Teacher 2015 Feb12(1) 8-13
- Thomson J, Haesler E, Anderson K, Barnard A. What motivates general practitioners to teach. Clinical Teacher, 2014;11:124-130
- Thomson J, Anderson K, Haesler E, Barnard A, Glasgow, N. The learner's perspective in GP teaching practices with multi-level learners: a qualitative study. BMC Medical Education, 2014;14:55
- Sturgiss L, Anderson K, Liedvogel M, Haesler E. To own or not to own. How can we best educate general practice registrars about practice ownership? Australian Family Physician 2013 42: 503-506
- Liedvogel M, Haesler E, Anderson K. Who will be running your practice in 10 years? Supporting GP registrars awareness and knowledge of practice ownership. Australian Family Physician 2013 42 : 333-336
- Thomson J, Anderson K, Mara P, Stevenson A. Supervision - growing and building a sustainable general practice supervisor system. Medical Journal of Australia, 2011; 194(11):S101-S104 [Citations 2]
- Stocks N, Frank O, Linn A, Anderson K, Meertens S. Vertical integration of teaching in Australian general practice — a survey of regional training providers. Medical Journal of Australia, 2011; 194(11):S75-S78 [Citations 4]
- Stevenson A, Phillips C, Anderson K. Resilience among doctors who work in challenging areas: a qualitative study. British Journal of General Practice, 2011; 61(588):e404-e410 (7) [Citations 1].
- Thomson J, Allan B, Anderson K, Kljakovic M GP interest in teaching junior doctors – does practice location, size and infrastructure matter? Australian Family Physician 2009; 38:1000-1002 [Citations 7]
- Anderson K, Thomson J Vertical integration: Reducing the load on GP teachers Australian Family Physician 2009; 38: 906-910. [Citations 10]
- Counselling Skills Workshop. Handbook for Medical Educators. 2008, Updated 2011. Anderson K, Thomson G
- Heart Murmurs, Short Stories by Canberra GPs. Coast City Country, Canberra. Chew J-I (2008)
- Prevocational GP Placement Website- Supervisor Online resources for teaching junior doctors in General Practice. Anderson K, Haesler E