The Medical School welcomes applications from medical specialist individuals who would like to contribute to our research and education activities. In recognition we will consider offering an honorary academic title.
Applying for honorary academic status
In order to receive honorary academic status applicants should follow the steps below.
- Complete the Application form (RTF, 338 KB). You will need to provide details of an academic supervisor who supports your application (please ask your academic supervisor to provide comments and sign the form); two referees; and your planned participation in the Medical School's teaching and research activities. Some examples of research and teaching activities are below.
- Develop/review year 1-2 or 3-4 curriculum and assessment materials.
- Facilitate a problem based learning tutorial.
- Provide clinical tutoring.
- Provide clinical skills teaching and objective structured clinical examinations.
- Deliver lectures in your nominated subject area.
- Supervise PhD or Masters students.
- Provide research project supervision.
- Supervise clinical placements.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Act as a student year coordinator.
- Serve on a committee or working party.
- Develop and submit applications for competitive grant funding.
- Provide an up-to-date copy of your resume that includes information on your research and teaching experience, committee services and publications.
- Scan and email this material to the ANUMS Appointments Committee at email@example.com by one of the deadlines below.
ANUMS Appointments Committee Secretariat
ANU Medical School
- 1 March
- 1 June
- 1 September
- 1 December
Renewing honorary academic status
The Medical School welcomes applications from medical specialist individuals who would like to continue to contribute to our research and education activities and renew their honorary (conjoint) academic status with the University.
To renew honorary academic status, applicants should follow the steps below.
- Update your CV. A copy of your current CV will need to be included with your submission.
- Complete the renewal form (RTF, 312 KB) for academic renewal.
- Discuss your application with your academic supervisor
- Scan and email the signed and completed form together with your CV to:
Medical School Appointments and Review Committee
Once received, the papers will be considered by the Appointments and Review Committee at its next meeting and you and your academic supervisor will be advised in writing of the outcome within a month following the meeting.
Please note that this is not a promotion process – just a renewal process to continue to hold title at the same level. Promotion applications are through the separate annual University promotions round.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org